Find What You're Looking [For]

Monday, December 28, 2009

City "Chicken"

Wait for it.... wait for it....

City Chicken is actually.... [pork]!

You know I'm not really sure where this recipe came from, other than my mother. And I'm not really sure why it is named City Chicken. All I do know is that it is amazing, and my husband asks me to make it at least twice a week. The original recipe said to make these as kabobs... but who has time to thread pork onto a skewer that has been soaking in water for 24 hour? You may... but I, unfortunately do not!

2 pounds boneless pork (cut into cubes)
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup butter
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) chicken broth
1 envelope onion soup mix
1 cup water

You may choose how small or big to cut your pork cubes, but I tend to go with one inch. Combine flour, garlic salt and pepper on a plate. (I am a feind for garlic salt- so I usually add a bit more garlic salt for extra flavor... It's up to you.) Roll pork in flour mixture until well coated.

In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Once melted, add pork into skillet. Brown pork. Sprinkle with soup mix once well browned. I don't stir the soup mix around- I just let it coat the pork. Add chicken broth and water. Reduce heat, and cover. Simmer for 45 minutes to one hour until pork is tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment